MACH’s Street Outreach Worker provides services and case management to the homeless living on the streets or in places not meant for human habitation. The Outreach Worker is on call five days a week during business hours to respond to requests for assistance received directly by MACH and through the 2-1-1 Connects Call Center.
Housing Assistance Program
The Housing Assistance Program helps individuals or families who are homeless or about to be evicted from rental property. Applicants selected to participate may receive financial help with move-in expenses, help with making a plan to maintain housing and budgeting skills, as well as referrals for GED classes, technical school, college, or training programs. Clients will be connected with applications for benefits or mainstream resources and other supportive services, as needed.
- Program participants will be required to pay a portion of their expenses each month, as determined by the MACH program staff.
- Additional eligibility criteria will be discussed with each applicant.
- Referrals are ONLY accepted through Case Managers or other representatives of homeless shelters and community organizations.
- Agency representatives should call 2-1-1 to make the initial referral to the program.
- Clients must be homeless or at risk of homelessness. Click here for the HUD definition of homelessness.
Data Collection/Homeless Management Information System
MACH conducts an annual survey of sheltered and unsheltered homeless individuals within its geographic boundaries. The survey includes a street count where teams of volunteers canvas areas where the homeless are known to gather. We work with HandsOn River Region to oversee the operation of the local Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), a secure system that allows a number of different agencies and users to continuously enter clients’ data, while being assured that the information is protected.
MACH members meet bi-monthly to share information about homelessness in the River Region. Meetings are typically held on the 4th Thursday of February, April, June, August, and October, and the 1st Thursday of December at various locations. Contact us to find out when our next meeting is, and sign up for our newsletter to receive information about all upcoming meeting dates and locations.